- Keep Tires Properly Inflated
- Perform Regular Tune-ups
- Replace Air Filters Regularly
- Replace Oil Regularly
- Replace Spark Plugs Regularly
- Observe the Speed Limits
- Combine Trips
- Don’t Haul Unneeded Items
- Avoid Quick Starts and Stops
- Avoid Excessive Idling
- Keep Gas Cap Tight
The Road to a Long-Lasting Automobile
The key to keeping vehicles running well today and down the road is routine maintenance. Yet many drivers tend to stall when it comes to keeping up with some everyday auto-basics. Results from Car Care Canada’s vehicle inspection events found 85% of vehicles needed some form of maintenance work. Some of the most common problems were:
- 20 percent of cars had low or dirty engine oil.
- 18 percent had low tire pressure.
- 16 percent had inadequate cooling protection.
- 13 percent had dirty air filters.
- 10 percent had corroded battery terminals or loose cables.
Start shopping for a repair facility before you need one.
- Ask friends and associates for recommendations; consult local consumer organizations.
- Arrange for alternate transportation in advance so you will not feel forced to choose a shop based solely on location.
- Look for a neat, well-organized facility, with vehicles in the parking lot equal in value to your own.
- Look for a courteous staff, with a service writer willing to answer all of your questions.
- Look for policies regarding labor rates, diagnostic fees, guarantees, acceptable methods of payment, etc.
- Ask if the repair facility specializes in any specific vehicles or repairs, or if it usually handles your type of repair work.
- Look for signs of professionalism in the customer service area such as civic, community or customer service awards.
- Look for evidence of qualified repair technicians: trade school diplomas, certificates of advanced course work, and other certifications.
When choosing where to have your vehicle serviced, you have many choices. When you consider the quality of workmanship being performed on your vehicle you’ll find TECH-NET PROFESSIONAL AUTO SERVICE® centers protect your new car’s warranty and are committed to providing a successful and pleasant automotive service experience.
TECH-NET PROFESSIONAL AUTO SERVICE® centers are your local independently owned alternative when service and repairs are needed on your vehicles, and are well known as a full service provider. TECH-NET PROFESSIONAL AUTO SERVICE® centers stand on sound business principles and uphold the highest ethical standards providing Service You Can Trust for all your vehicle repair needs.